Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Why Amy? Why??

That's what my boyfriend Andre' will say when I tell him I've embarked on this new adventure.

BLOGGING... it's the new trend, isn't it? I've been thinking about creating my own blog for a while. And today I've finally done it! Hurray to me! Now the big question is: what on earth am I going to write about? Everything and nothing, really. Is my life interesting enough to entertain people? Hmm, I doubt it, but then again, high entertainment value is not my main priority.

Where shall I start? Maybe I should try to explain what inspired me to start blogging (apart from my innate inability to steer away from trends). I work from home. Yes, that's right... I'm one of the lucky few who can work in their pyjamas, eat rubbish all day (not that I do... oh well, maybe sometimes), watch TV while finishing projects (daytime TV turns out to be a compilation of Maury, Jerry Springer and other quality talk shows) and walk the dog in the middle of the day (or rather: BE walked by the 41-kg lab)... so when I'm not doing all that (and I should be cleaning the flat, cooking or doing other so-called "useful tasks"), I enjoy surfing the net (unfortunately not in search of interesting websites, but rather to satisfy my curiosity for utterly ridiculous facts and figures, celebrity "news" and interior design tips for our 80 sqm living room, which one year after purchase still stands half-empty, much to the irritation of both myself and my boyfriend). Why not waste my time boring other surfers in pursuit of sweet nothingness (and my family living 3000 km up north) with my "thought-out thoughts" about life, work, everything and nothing? Have nothing better to do? Then watch this space! :)

2 comments:

  1. Amy
    Wat een plezier te zien dat je mijn blog aan het volgen bent! Daarom wil ik ook als eerste jouw volger zijn!!! Mijn oud-leerlinge, wie had dat ooit gedacht? Het is een eer en een genoegen om via dit medium met jou te communiceren.
    Veel succes in al jouw ondernemingen!
    Groetjes van je ex-leerkracht Ann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Any,

    Love your prose girl! Who thought you could write! (kidding). So glad you've settled nicely here-you're a welcome addition to our beautiful little rock. Plus I was worried that I would have had to adopt you in the beginning..........

    You and the Big Guy make a wonderful couple. We'll have to meet up again soon

    Ed

    It is sludge, damm it!

    ReplyDelete